Saratoga PLAN is offering a remote Community Engagement Internship, designed to provide graduate or undergraduate students hands-on communications, public relations and marketing experience in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
This position is ideal for a student interested in communications, social media management, journalism and marketing, with a splash of event planning. Applicants should also share a passion for or interest in conservation, access to local food, outdoor recreation, and mobilizing others to take action.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES (ASSIST WITH):
- Create and schedule posts for PLAN’s social media channels (Instagram and Facebook)
- Design content for social media/ email marketing campaigns
- Maintain engagement on online platforms
- Write press releases and help with media cultivation
- Create website content by writing blog posts
- Contribute to the creation of weekly digital publications and seasonal printed newsletter
- (Virtual) and/or socially distant event planning
- Participate in the Next Generation Committee as a Saratoga PLAN liaison
- Data entry
- Conduct grant research
- Adhere to PLAN branding requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- A motivated graduate or upper-level undergraduate student currently enrolled in an applicable program/major
- Understanding and interest in the mission of Saratoga PLAN
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of editing software (Photoshop, InDesign) (preferred)
- Ability to work with digital communication tools such as web, social media, and email
- Experience with and an interest in event planning
- IF LOCAL: Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel (mileage reimbursement)
Internship to begin and end on mutually agreed upon dates (January-May). 15 hours per week.
If you must meet a required number of hours for school credit please mention this in your cover letter.
Please also note an anticipated start and end date.
To apply for the community engagement internship, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and 3 references to our Community Engagement Manager, Alex Fylypovych at email@example.com by December 28.
Saratoga PLAN is a nonprofit land trust that works to preserve the rural character, natural habitats and scenic beauty of Saratoga County so that these irreplaceable assets are accessible to all and survive for future generations. PLAN helps landowners conserve their farmland, woodlands and natural habitats. PLAN connects people to nature and promotes good health providing outdoor events, recreational opportunities, and programming that encourage the exploration of Saratoga County’s natural areas. To date PLAN has conserved over 7,000 acres of land and has helped build over 200 miles of trails.