Saratoga PLAN can use this funding to purchase the development rights on high quality farmland, keeping the land forever available for farming. If you are interested in learning more about farmland conservation and if it might work for you, please consider attending one of our Farmland Conservation Workshops in January (see flyer below):
While protecting the land is great, Saratoga PLAN recognizes that more is needed to keep Saratoga County’s farms thriving. Therefore, we offer an array of other services to farmers and farmland owners like yourself, including:
• Workshops and connections with experts on topics such as evaluating farmland, leasing and farm succession planning.
• Social gatherings to celebrate our farm community and facilitate networking within the farm community
• One-on-one consultations tailored to your needs
• Assistance for farmland owners looking for farmers
• Assistance for farmers seeking farmland.