Saratoga PLAN is looking for a part-time, data-savvy community engagement program assistant to efficiently manage the organization’s constituent database and reporting needs. In addition, they will play a supporting role in donor relations and community engagement programs. This position reports to and at times works closely with the community engagement manager (CEM).
The community engagement program assistant will be a key player on Saratoga PLAN’s staff team with primary duties including data entry and extraction across program areas, analyzing constituent and fundraising data, and implementing database upgrades as needed. CRM administrative experience, exceptional Excel skills and confidence in executing work independently are a must for this role. We’re a highly motivated but small team – we’re looking for someone who is flexible. While routine at times, job responsibilities and workload may vary.
THIS ROLE IS A GOOD FIT IF:
- You’re the most organized person in your circle
- You’re an Excel wizard; the words pivot table, mail merge and formula excite you
- You’re solution oriented and love problem solving
- You’re personable and have solid communication skills
Breakdown of the community engagement program assistant roles and responsibilities:
Database Management and Analysis (60%)
- Accurately inputs constituent information, new email subscribers and volunteer sign ups into database (Salesforce)
- Creates varying mailing lists based on complex queries for annual direct mail fundraising letters, newsletters, annual report, event invitations and other mailings as they arise
- Develops efficient systems to extract data and create reports used to evaluate engagement, fundraising and communication efforts
- Troubleshoots and clearly articulates and implements solutions to database hurdles
- Maintains and revises protocols for data entry and trains staff and volunteers in data entry as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Donor Relations (25%)
- Produces monthly fundraising reports, tracking against multiple campaigns
- Prepares prompt thank you letters for all donations and grants by mail merging donor data into thank you letter template
- Updates and customizes thank you letter template as needed, ensuring integration of PLAN’s brand and message
- Completes printing and mailing orders with outside vendor
- Compiles metrics from past years to influence future fundraising efforts and strategic planning
- Assists executive director with donation entries as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Volunteer Program and Community Engagement (15%)
- Creates and maintains digital forms to streamline volunteer signup process
- Assists with volunteer recruitment including responding to inquiries, creating signup sheets and tracking volunteer hours
- Coordinates volunteers to assist with data, mailings and other projects as needed.
- Designs metrics and reports that help better understand audience engagement across social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook) and email marketing (Mailerlite) to guide engagement strategy
- Assists with press release dispersal via email to media contacts
- Communicates with community partners on event inquiries and partnerships
- Interacts with the public, answering phone, directing callers or office visitors to information they seek and leaving a positive impression
- Occasionally assists with updating website information
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, nonprofit management or relevant field
- 2+ years experience of database management and data extraction and manipulation
- Tech-savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Excel wizard
- Proficiency with constituent database software, preferably Salesforce for Non-Profits (Administrative understanding is preferred)
- Understanding of tools and methods for collecting, extracting and analyzing data
- Experience improving data quality over time through continuous progress
- Impeccable attention to detail and high-quality standards for deliverables
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to achieve project results
- Confident working independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work outside of your job description and work collaboratively with the team on changing priorities and a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behaviors consistent with policies and values of Saratoga PLAN and the Land Trust Alliance
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to sit for long periods of time at computer
- When in the office, spends significant time in a typical small office setting with minimal privacy
- May need to bend over, lift and carry heavier objects/packages
- Reliable transportation that can be used for work, primarily within Saratoga County
This is a part-time job in Saratoga Springs, NY at 20 hours per week. This can be a hybrid in-office/remote position. Health, dental and time off benefits are prorated.
Saratoga PLAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to Alex Fylypovych at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20th.
ABOUT SARATOGA PLAN
Saratoga PLAN (preserving land and nature) is an established, accredited nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to preserving the rural character, natural habitats, and scenic beauty of the Saratoga County region so that these irreplaceable assets are accessible to all and survive for future generations. The lands that Saratoga PLAN conserves are ancestral homelands of the Mohican, Mohawk and Abenaki people.
PLAN is respected as an effective organization which helps landowners, communities and partners accomplish their conservation goals for farmland, wildlife habitats, water resources, and trail systems through land protection and community planning. Saratoga PLAN helps communities create plans that balance growth with conservation to sustain the Saratoga region’s “quality of place” and its environment, economy, and public health, ensuring that the county remains a great place to live, work, visit, and farm. To learn more, visit www.saratogaplan.org.